Segovia is synonymous with heritage and history. Discover the main monuments of Segovia. Check schedules and rates by clicking here



Symbol of the city, work of Roman engineering to supply water to Segovia. The Aqueduct is built with granite blocks joined together without any mortar. It was declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1985 and preserves its 15 km of route from the Acebeda stream to the Alcázar. In the Azoguejo it acquires 28,10m, its greater height adopting the air of a triumphal arch.

  • Plza. del Azoguejo, s / n 40001 Segovia



Fortified palace, royal residence since Alfonso VIII, was embellished by the Trastámara with beautiful plaster friezes and Mudejar coffered ceilings. On the first floor is the Military Historical Archive and the ground floor is a museum in which are distributed, around the Patio de Armas and the Patio del Reloj, the rooms "of apparatus" in which the life of the court such as the Ajimeces Room, Sala del Solio, Sala de la Galera, Sala de las Piñas, Cámara Regia, Sala de los Reyes, Sala del Cordón, Capilla, Sala de Armas. In addition, we will enjoy beautiful views from the Terrace of the Well and the Tower of Juan II. It was Artillery Academy from 1764 so it has three rooms dedicated to this time, the neoclassical building that acted as a Chemistry Laboratory, is still occupied by the ticket offices and the cafeteria. In its basements it has a space that houses temporary exhibitions and on the first floor there is the Military Historical Archive.

  • Plaza Reina Victoria Eugenia, s / n     
  • 40003 Segovia
  • Tel. 921 460 759
  • This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.



It began to be built in 1525, under the direction of the architects Juan and Rodrigo Gil de Hontañón, with slender pinnacles and Gothic ribbed vaults but with a concept of the Renaissance space that gives it a special luminosity. It houses important works of sacred art, highlighting a triptych by Ambrosio Benson, the altarpiece of the Pieta by Juan de Juni and the Cristo Yacente by Gregorio Fernández.

  • Plaza Mayor, s / n     
  • 40001 Segovia
  • Tel. 921 462 205
  • This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Convent of San Antonio el Real

It was the pleasure palace of Henry IV until he donated it to the Franciscans and later, Isabella the Catholic to the Poor Clares. It has exceptional Mudejar coffered ceilings of the s. XV and a sculpted Flemish altarpiece of the s. XV, with the figures arranged in unusual composition. We visit the church, the cloister, the Chapter House, the Throne Room and the Refectory. The cloister of the Vicaria is now a hotel.

  • Poor Franciscan Mothers
  • Plaza San Antonio el Real, 6  
  • 40004 Segovia
  • Tel. 921 420 228


Monastery of Santa María de El Parral

Built by Enrique IV in 1447, it is formed by beautiful cloisters and a church with important sculptures and a magnificent main altarpiece. He keeps the alabaster tombs of the Marquis of Villena, Juan Pacheco, his wife María de Portocarrero and another of his daughter Beatriz Pacheco, with exquisite plaster work.

  • Jerónimos parents
  • Alameda del Parral, s / n     
  • 40003 Segovia 
  • Tel. 921 431 298


Church of the Vera Cruz

Founded by the Knights of the Holy Sepulcher in 1208, it is a dodecagonal temple now belonging to the Knights of the Order of Malta.

  • Camino de Zamarramala, s / n     
  • 40003 Segovia
  • Tel. 921 431 475 / 630 436 217
  • This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Church of Corpus Christi. Ancient Synagogue

One of the seven synagogues that rose in Segovia, consists of three naves divided by horseshoe arches and octagonal columns topped by capitals of pineapples and scrolls. The upper gallery has horseshoe arches and pentalobulados of great beauty. Today the temple is part of the convent of the Poor Clares.

  • Poor mothers
  • Plaza del Corpus, 7     
  • 40001 Segovia
  • Tel. 921 463 439 / 682 010 317


Convent of the Discalced Carmelites. Tomb of Saint John of the Cross

Located next to the Sanctuary of the Virgen de la Fuencisla, this convent houses the humble empty tomb, where Saint John of the Cross was deposited, before being transferred to the mausoleum of bronze and marble, which we will find in the chapel on the side of the Gospel.

  • Discalced Carmelite Fathers
  • Second Corner Walk, 2     
  • 40003 Segovia
  • Tel. 921 431 349/921 431 961


Sanctuary of the Virgin of Fuencisla

It houses the image of the Virgen de la Fuencisla, patron saint of Segovia, behind an impressive grid of the s. XVIII sent to gild by the Guild of Cardadores.

  • Paseo de Segundo Rincón, s / n      
  • 40003 Segovia
  • Tel. 921 433 185


Royal Mint

One of the oldest and most important examples of industrial architecture in Europe, was founded by Philip II in 1583 to mint money through a set of modern machinery called "mills", moved by hydraulic wheels. Its architect was the great Juan de Herrera. It houses permanent and temporary exhibitions. Account with the Garden of the King, of recondite atmosphere, where they give concerts sporadically.

  • C / De la Moneda, s / n      
  • 40003 Segovia
  • Tel. 921 475 109
  • This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.