Seen from a distance, the urban set of the village of Sepúlveda is one of the most beautiful that can be contemplated. And its interior does not detract from the beauty of the panorama. Visit its temples and enjoy Sepúlveda.
Seen from a distance, the urban set of this villa is one of the most beautiful that can be contemplated. She owns a very famous "Fuero de Sepúlveda", granted by Sancho García. In its interior it keeps many memories of its ancient past, as well as a good collection of churches, of a Romanesque previous to the so-called "Segovian Romanesque". The most outstanding is that of El Salvador, dated in 1093, on a hill that dominates the town. Inside it keeps a custody in the form of a temple. The Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Rock, patroness of the place, is also outstanding for its sculptural richness. The church of San Justo was the favorite of the hidalgos and nobles of the town; in her the sepulchral chapel of the González de Sepúlveda is conserved; it is necessary to emphasize the interest that its crypt offers. In the same Plaza de España there is a staircase and a simple humiliating that point towards the temple of San Bartolomé, which keeps a valuable parish cross of the Segovian silversmith Antonio de Oquendo. The town of Sepúlveda also had a notable Jewish quarter, of which there are few samples.