Known, popularly as La Granja, it is famous for its Royal Palace and the monumental fountains of its large and beautiful gardens.
The parish of Our Lady of the Rosary, or of the Christ, ordered to be built by Isabel de Farnesio, preserves several important sculptural works, highlighting Soledad and Cristo del Perdón, both by Luis Salvador Carmona, of which there are also other sculptures in La Granja. San Antonio María Claret frequently went to this church during his stay at the Real Sitio. The other temple is that of Nuestra Señora de los Dolores, where the altarpiece of the main altar with a life-size painful altar stands out, also by Salvador Carmona. In front of the Royal Palace is the Collegiate Church, inside which you have to admire the sepulcher of Felipe V and his wife, a beautiful Inmaculada de Maella and a painting on the Imposition of the chasuble to San Ildefonso, which looks like Bayeu's work, and the filigree the parish cross considered the most beautiful work of the Segovian silversmith Antonio de Oquendo and that belonged to the disappeared segovian parish of Santa Columba.
The origin of the population goes back to the reign of Enrique IV, who had a lot of devotion to San Ildefonso and ordered to build a small chapel in his honor on land of what would later be famous gardens; next to it, a pavilion for hunters. Some historian attributes this foundation to the fact that Henry IV had to fight in this place with a beast, which he managed to kill. In 1477, the Catholic Monarchs donate the place to the Jerónimos monks, who create an agricultural farm, from which comes the nickname of La Granja. Later, Felipe V bought the monks the land to build the current palace and its famous gardens.