Its hamlet is located (whose origin goes back to the Roman time and later, in 1297, the municipality is created to be granted to it letter puebla) in the same spurs of the Mountain range of Guadarrama, with an extensive territory populated with pines and a very conducive to be summer season.
The parochial church of San Eutropio is of Roman origin but completely reformed in 1572 by Juan de Mijares, assistant of Herrera in El Escorial. Inside, the splendid altarpiece by Francisco Giralte, from the 16th century, while the oil paintings are by Sánchez Coello, also the author of a large twig of 15 meters high by 5 in width, with scenes of passion, twill that It was used to cover the altarpiece during Holy Week. It is necessary to emphasize the excellent baroque organ of century XVIII, of Pedro Cavaría, with a height of 15 meters and 8 of width, that counts on more than a thousand tubes of tin; today it is frequently used for concerts.
A few kilometers from the town, next to the Madrid-La Coruña highway, is the hermitage of Santo Cristo del Caloco, built on Romanesque remains from the 11th and 12th centuries. The image has a great devotion throughout the region and is celebrated with many festivities his pilgrimage, typically popular, in September.