The organs of the Cathedral
The Cathedral has three organs in perfect operation. The big organ on the gospel side
It was inaugurated in 1772. It has three keyboards and has just been restored by the Segovian organizer Joaquín Lois, who has restored it to its primitive Baroque splendor since it had undergone some romantic transformation. The one on the side of the epistle is seventy years older, from the year 1702, and has only one keyboard, but it is perfect in its genre. The boxes of both are similar and of a grandiose architecture. The third organ is a smaller, more portable realejo that was taken out in the Corpus Christi procession. It is from the same time, from the XNUMXth century and is used in the usual worship of the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament.
Guide, Alfonso Mª Frechel Merino, since 1987 has been Canon Prefect of Music of the Cathedral of Segovia, a position he holds simultaneously with that of Chancellor of the Bishopric and others. He is the Prelate of Honor of His Holiness. He has directed the “Regina Pacis” Chapel of the Cathedral for 24 years and has directed the Christmas Carol of San Frutos for 25 years, opening it to the Segovian people. He presides over the "Correa de Arauxo" Association of friends of the Segovia organ. He has collaborated and continues to collaborate with all the musical institutions of Segovia.
INFORMATION AND RESERVATIONS
• The sale of tickets for each activity will begin on the 1st of the month in which it is carried out. Ticket sales through www.turismodesegovia.com or in person at the Visitors Reception Center, Azoguejo 1.
• Limited places
• Rate 5 €
• The meeting point for each activity will be communicated at the time of registration.
• The visits on Sunday, June 7 (two passes, 10.30:12.30 a.m. and XNUMX:XNUMX p.m.), are free. Prior registration is required at the Visitor Reception Center.